Monday, November 25, 2013

Changes

On Saturday, I went to tour Castleton's campus. It was exciting and terrifying all at the same time. I had decided early in this semester that I was going to transfer for next spring, but now that the time has finally arrived and I'm almost there, I'm scared. I don't know why exactly. I'm nervous to live away from home for the first time. I don't know how long it will take to become friends with my roommate. I'm not 100% sure about the food (from what they had available during lunch, or brunch as it's called on the weekend when they serve omelettes and chocolate chip pancakes at noon.) It's certainly not home cooked meals. I just suddenly unsure, but it's going to happen.

I'm confident about some things though. I'm looking forward to the new learning environment, to the teachers that I've met and all the potential courses. I'm excited about my major; Global Studies. (I'm not too thrilled with the need for 12 credits in a language alone, but there are worse things.) I get to travel abroad for a semester, it's required for a Global Studies major. I might become a journalist because of my degree, and I am just excited for my future, even though I have no idea what it will really hold. It's all unknown at this point, with a lot changes about to happen, so it's completely terrifying but amazing all at the same time.

4 comments:

  1. This is making me excited for you! Change can be so tough, because it is much easier to be stagnant than to be rapid and moving. However, I'm sure that you are going to be just fine (which I know means nothing at all, but I thought I would throw it out there).
    On another note, what language(s) do you think you are going to study?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Justina: you'll be fine. And I also agree with her that this sentiment might not mean anything to you right now, but know that we say this because we have total faith in you!! Go, Kaitlin!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for writing this, Kaitlin. i am also going away to school in January, so I can relate to a lot of the fears you mention. I think that it makes it a little less scary starting in the middle of the school year though. I feel comforted knowing that four months after I go I can come home for a long summer break. Best of luck on your new adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's going to be wonderful! Of course it's scary but you have a solid foundation and now it's time.

    ReplyDelete